Kevin Murray (claystorm) wrote,
Kevin Murray

  • Mood:
  • Music:

Long Damn Day!

So, today has just been a really long day, and it's not even over yet. I really think there is beer in my future, trust me, I really do! I got to sneak a few more in before I turn legal. Anyway, now that I am off topic, time to get back on topic.

Anyway, today started around 6am, which my leg muscle spazzing. It hurt like shit, and the only was I could get it to stop, was to try and stand up. At which point, I fell over cus the leg was soo screwed. Lucky for me, my bed was next to me, so I fell onto that. After I tried to put a little pressure on it, it stopped spazzing up, and finally relaxed. This has not happened in a while, but if it happens again, I will make an appointment with my DR. It does scare me a little when it does it, cus the pain is so intense, but I do not think / know if it is something to worry about.

So, I would have stayed away at that point, but that took so much out of me, that I had to lay back down (and do not call me lazy, cus it sucks). Anyway, finally got up around 7:15 / 7:30. I booted up the computer, and VPN'ed to work, and started to test / restore the backup from home, which is something I am trying to do often. Then, when all that fun stuff was running, I hopped in the shower. Did all that fun stuff, and got dressed in my new suit and a new dress shirt I have. I really looked good today, or so I think anyway. lol.

Was out the door by 8:15ish, and stopped at Starbucks on my way into the office. I have found a new much fun reason to go to Starbucks, but I will talk about that at a later time! So, got into the office around 8:30am. Worked for about an hour or there abouts, and then left at 9:45 to go to the Funeral at Holy Cross. The funeral was good; Erik does such great funeral, something I think he perfected at his first call, (which is another story). There was a small (since it was Lutheran READ: Large) lunch after the service complete with Jello. Come-on, we are good Lutherans. I stayed for that, and there was great company. I chit chatted with Suzan (See: Church God!) & Erik (See: Bad Pastor) for a bit, then took off. I headed over to the west side and took care of everything over at Richards, then came back to the east and headed for Costco. I had to go inside Costco cus my stupid card was all screwed up, and I have known this for the past 100 times I have gone, but have done nothing about it. So, today I took care of it, and got a new card. So, then I went and park my ass in the really long line for gas at Costco.

BTW: I love the Bud-Light, Real Men of Genius ad searies they did, and I love the Mr. Company Computer Guy. LOL. It's really too funny.

I waited so long in that line, looking at the "Costco Gasoline" sign that I realized that all the word "Gasoline" really is, is "GAS O LINE", which is really funny, cus that is totally what Costco Gas is. Anyway, so after waiting like 10 min, I got gas, and got the heck out of there.

Got back to the office at 2pm, did some small things, like checking work e-mail and such. Then at 2:30, I had to leave for the East Mt. to go to Bob's house again. He did his Ethernet card in, so I had to find a part for him, and fix it. It's really funny; cus fixing it only took about 5 min. But the drive out there way 40 min, we talked for about 45 min, and the drive back was almost an hour due to traffic. So, I spent a hell of a lot more time driving / in traffic then I even did fixing the problem.

Got back to the office at 4:45 pm. Got in the front door, and Terri told me that Scott Day’s phone, took a crap dive today. So, I took it, and came up stairs. Jerry Depoy got to me before I could get back to my office. Told me that his PDA was taking a crap dive. He had the HP h1910, which is old (also what I used to use). So, I checked a few things and told him I would pick him up a new one on Thursday from CompUSA.

I then called good old Verizon support, and told them that I needed to do an ESN change to a new piece of equipment. He needed the order number and location number which is in the packet of crap. So, I gave that to which, did beat having to do the whole rip off the cover and find the ESN. So, he then told me to do the *228 send to activate the phone. It failed. He had me do it again, and it failed again. So, then we had to do manual programming, which really sucked. It was entering a lot of crap, and was just more time. If I have to do that to each phone, then its really going to suck hard. So, I finished that up, did the paperwork on my end, then took the phone back down stairs. By that time, Terri had left for the day, so I left the phone box on her desk, with a note saying that I need Scotts old wall charger back, and that if he does not want the holster, then to give that back to me.

And now here I am, just getting ready to go home (what’s that?), Brains going away dinner. Then after that, I am going to my parent’s house tonight. Since my dad is not back from OK yet, and my mom has a 4am distro, or some ungodly hour, I am sleeping over at their house. I am doing that so I can feed the dog and cats in the morning. So, I should be in the office early (or not) we shall see.

BTW: I love the Bud-Light, "Real Men of Genius" ad campaign they did, and I really love the "Mr. Company Computer Guy" one. That one is too funny. I have a bunch on my computer here at work, and I love them all.
Tags: keyword-106, keyword-107, keyword-108, keyword-109, keyword-18, keyword-22, keyword-95

Recent Posts from This Journal

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment