Kevin Murray (claystorm) wrote,
Kevin Murray
claystorm

  • Mood:
  • Music:

It's no longer Great Plains, but Great Pains....

So I have not had time to post for the last couple of days due to work and finals and all that fun stuff. So now on to what I have been upto for the last couple of days.

Last week was my last week of classes for the Spring semester, so I was busy getting papers written and all of that fun stuff. Then I started finals on Saturday, with a 7:30am math final, and I then had my french final at 3pm that afternoon. I am about ready to hurt the university cus having finals on saturday sucks in its own right, but having a final at 7:30am on a saturday sucks even more. But, I guess a good thing about that is that I have two finals done, and only have one more since one of my finals was a paper which got turned in last Thursday. I will know more when grades post in a few days or a week at the most. So that has been keeping me really busy.

Also, I have posted here before, we are working on getting a test server up and running at work so we can do the upgrade from Great Plains 7.5 to Great Plains 8.0. Well, it has not been all fun and games, as we have run into a few major snags along the way. We tried to do a fresh install of 7.5, and then setup our current company structrue that way, so we could just import all of our data into 7.5, then do the upgrade to 8.0. Well, when we did the install of 7.5, and started to setup the DYNAMICS database (which is the main database for the program), we tryed to setup our Account Framework, which is a Max Account Length of 14, and Max Number of Segments of 4. Within that each segment as a defined length and that is: Segment1: 3, Segment2: 4, Segment3: 4, Segment4: 3. So our Accounts look like this: ###-####-####-###. The problem we hit is that on our production server we have "sorting by segment" turned on. When I go thru the Segment sorting setup, it will not let us sort by Segment1, which is how our current account framework is setup. So, that is a major problem. Right now, I'm in the middle of doing a fresh install of 6.0, which will allow me to sort our companys the way I want. Then I guess we will have to upgrade to 7.5, then to 8.0 so a shit load more work to do this upgrade. Leave it to Microsoft to fuck everything up.

Which brings me to a new name for Great Plains. I'm officaly changing the name of Microsoft Small Business Great Plains to Microshaft Small Business Great Pains. Cus that is all this software seems to be, a great pain. LOL.

So, that is what I have been up in the last few days. If anything changes, you all will be the first to know.

Peace,
Kevin
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 4 comments