Kevin Murray (claystorm) wrote,
Kevin Murray

Update to the Book Debacle...

So just when we thought we had the whole bookstore issue figured out and thought we might get our books sometime this week, everything has fallen apart at the last second. It might be more of the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and no one knows what that new center hand is doing. LOL. For those of you who have not a clue what I am writing about, you can catch up here.

Anyway, the start of this week brought great promise. We found out Monday from our professor that he was able to get in touch with his rep at the publisher and she was able to find out what was holding everything up. They said they could ship our books out second day air to the bookstore so we should have them sometime this week. Everything seemed cool and good to go....

...until I called the bookstore this morning to check the status of things.

I called the bookstore this morning to check on things and see if they had any clue when the book might come in (so I could know when I might pick it up). Well, after telling the person who answered the phone my inquire, I was put on hold for about 10 minutes or so, and then got asked what I was holding for when someone came back to the phone (thats when you know its not going to be good).

So I explained to this person again what I was trying to find out, and was told to hold again as she checked with her shipping / receiving to see if he knows anything. After holding another 5 or so minutes I was told they had no clue about when the book would come in. I then asked if they had gotten any tracking numbers from the publisher (like any normal company would) and was then told they had not a clue about any shipment for that book.

Now I do not know whats going on. I have a call in to the VP of CNM to see if he can help figure this out and I am also about ready to bust out an e-mail to my professor to see if he can get us a status update or not. So right now, unless this book just some how pops up over at CNM tomorrow, my test on Monday is going to have to get moved for a second time (it was suppose to be this week). If I find anything out, I will Twitter it and post something here, but right now, it could be December before we see this book (dear god I hope not).
Tags: keyword-204, keyword-54
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.