?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

What does this say about UNM?

Comments

( 9 People Thought — Tell Me What You Think )
haguelovesyou
Feb. 2nd, 2007 08:21 pm (UTC)
Here at NYU it would probably be 85% for "excessive cost of books and tuition," with the remaining 15% for "dealing with university bureaucracy," (which is a nightmare here). Haha...though NYU would definitely never be willing to ask that question.
claystorm
Feb. 2nd, 2007 09:01 pm (UTC)
Well what I find really funny is that our tution just peaked 5,000 per year (2 semeseters), which really cracks me up. Maybe its cus my sister went to USC which was like 30,000 per year when she was going there, but I really do no think the cost of tution is that bad.

Now our books are a whole other story. The bookstore is ripping us off big time.

I also think UNM has not figured out the term "One Stop Shop" in terms of doing anything on campus. I joke that each department at UNM is like its own country which is kinda true, cus nothing is the same from one department to another. Even crap that you would think are University level crap are not.
claystorm
Feb. 2nd, 2007 09:02 pm (UTC)
PS: This came from the website of our Student Newspaper (The Daily Lobo) which really the administrator has little control over. I am sure if they made a big ass stink about something, they could get it changed, but that paper has a life of its own.
haguelovesyou
Feb. 2nd, 2007 10:51 pm (UTC)
$5000? Haha, that's amazing...with room and board NYU is $46,500 a year...luckily I have $12,500 in scholarships per year, but it's still a lot. -_-

But I do hear you on the bookstore rip off thing.
claystorm
Feb. 3rd, 2007 01:12 am (UTC)
Wow, Damn! I can not get my mind around $46,500 a year. I am just spolied I know. But I should also add that when I started at UNM tuition was only something like $3,200 a year.

But ya, its a steal, but hey, what you expect for the run of the mill state school where most of the state is broke-ass-poor. LOL.
claystorm
Feb. 3rd, 2007 01:13 am (UTC)
BTW, what are you studying at NYU anyway? I am sure you said somewhere at some point in time, but I am getting old (laugh), and can not remember.
haguelovesyou
Feb. 3rd, 2007 02:03 am (UTC)
I'm studying political science and want to go to law school, and with any luck I'll actually be able to pay off my immense debt. ;)
claystorm
Feb. 3rd, 2007 06:40 am (UTC)
Cool man. So you can be my Sugar Daddy. LOL.
climbingthesun
Feb. 3rd, 2007 02:36 pm (UTC)
While tuition and fees aren't as cheap as they used to be at UNM, my complaint is that you're not getting a really good, solid education for that kind of money. For a school that'll accept anybody with a high school diploma, they're really asking too much. But they can get away with it because it's the most convenient option for most people in the metro area.
( 9 People Thought — Tell Me What You Think )

Profile

keyword-288
claystorm
Kevin Murray

Latest Month

April 2019
S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930    

Other

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Tiffany Chow