So here is the update on the update (I know it’s a little redundant). I ran into an error this morning when I tried to upgrade the Wennsoft stuff. This is not the same error I had when I left the office last night. That was just me being a dork, and picking the wrong option which caused that error. This was a big full blown SQL Scripting Error, something I can not fix. So I gathered up all the info I needed / had for the error and e-mail Wennsoft's tech support people.
I must say that I love Wennsoft cus I can bug there tech support people when ever I freaking want, which beats the shit out of Microsoft’s Tech Support people which I have to blow 125 dollars a shot, even if its a stupid-simple two second issue.
So I got an email back from one of the people in Tech Support asking my which sub-version I was on (forgot to include that cus I am over worked). So I sent that back to her, and not more then 45 min later she called me. Turns out that Wennsoft released a new Service Pack early this year for our version (7.5). Well I never even thought to check for once since ver 8.0 has been out for about 1.5 year, and ver 9.0 has been out for little over 6 months.
So she told me which one to download and then to revert back from my 9.0 install to the 7.5 install (which did allow me test my fail safe [which worked]). So I started the upgrade to Service Pack 20 and it got to the 2003 historical payroll company and gave me yet again another SQL error. So I was again like SHIT. I think I said a few other things under my breath too, but I quickly remembered that about a year ago I fixed a major bug / problem in the 2003 company and wondered if I had just restored the wrong 2003 file.
So I restored the "fixed" 2003 company and it updated just fine. So then at that point my dad came over to pick up the tool crib I sold him (speaking of that, I need to ask my boss if I get part of that, for the sale, lol) So after helping my father load it up in his truck, I finished up a few quick tasks and then took of for my parents house to have dinner with them.
After dinner was over, I promptly returned to the office and started the install of 9.0 again. So I got the 9.0 software installed and when I left the office tonight at 10pm it had started the update to all of the database files.
So with any luck in the morning, I should be able to jump right in and do the Wennsoft 9.0 upgrade and let it update the tables, I hope with no errors. So I had hoped to be further along then where I am, but this is also why I have allocated 2 weeks for T&D (testing and development).
There is other stuff, but I am too freaking tired to update about it right now. Maybe if I get some time in the morning, like when Wennsoft is updating the database files, I will update about the other stuff that happened in my day.